Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plans for 2018

Car
    GSW TDI 6spd, NA Miata

Imagine being 50+ and having been a car enthusiast in the 70s and 80s, seeing how we former youths treated our mk1/2 GTIs where all we wanted was dragging frame and “patina”. Thats how we sound to todays scene kids. We were all part of a dying community and we may not understand the typical car scene today but we must also appreciate that it is still moving and alive in some capacity as the world at large moves away from personal customization and independant driving. Those vape pen, sideways hat, WRX drivers are keeping together a losing battle no matter how much we “old guys” dont get them. Would I love for people to stop ruining good cars? Sure, but I did my fair share of stupid automotive shit before I knew any better.

Ive been distant from the EW comminuty for the last couple of years and would love to become more involved again with some small gtg and cruises, I’ll have the same boring crap that Ive always had and still be out there taking mediocre pictures and shooting video Ill never actually watch.
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    '85 Porsche 928S

I miss hangin' with a number of you guys/gals. I remember back in the day our small GTGs, grabbing some grub, and wondering what cars were next.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTapper View Post
    It's all good as long as the balls don't touch.

Car
    Stage 3 B5 S4/ MK2 Golf

I didn't make it to many of the meets last year, but the few i did attend were decent.

I do think that as been said already, an only forum advertised met might be good, as it sort of brings back the whole word of mouth community vibe. I also know that everyone's busy, and cars aren't a main priority, but a weekly meet would be nice. It offers the chance to meet a stranger at say the gas station and say "why don't you come by the gtg, its every Wednesday at so and so".

Not saying that kris has to be there every week, but an unwritten agreement that there will be a meet would be cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    Im sorry, but your black hub caps do not look like BBS's. They look like black hubcaps

Car
    72 911T, '12 Jetta, Tahoe

I dont see the problem with having it be wednesdays advertised on FB and here.

Car
    82 Cabriolet, 71 Fastback

That would be awesome! I've kinda stopped checking the fb page because it's been moving from enthusiasts group>euro craigslist>craigslist rapidly.

Car
    B4 Passat Wagon

I liked the Wednesday GTG's because they were pretty small and saw a few familiar faces. But I tend to work most Wednesday nights. Saying that I think it'd be cool if there was a Friday GTG or something every once in awhile.

Car
    337, Sciroccos

I wouldn't mind seeing the caa gtg start up again at Perkins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    Now is where I politely tell you to go fuck yourself.

Car
    '12 Tiguan, '30 Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTION337 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing the caa gtg start up again at Perkins.
    mmmmmmmmmmmm

Car
    B6 Passat 3.6 4motion

I'd be very appreciative of any info or faces that would show to these events. I am starting to see what most of you mean by these "Facebook Groups" after getting back into the Euro game.

Car
    82 Cabriolet, 71 Fastback

Sounds like it's decided, GTG's all summer long and we just need to pick some locations/food type places