Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    16 Golf R / 92 Golf

Oh, it gets worse. These are just the larger dime-size dents. The whole roof, rail, hood, fender, and rear panel look like the front fender.

Car
    911, H3T, RS4, MG Midget

Jeeze. That stinks.

Car
    06 A3

can they actually work out ALL of those dents?
    that would be impressive and to know it didnt require paint is awesome.
    would have been nice to get a deal on it with hail damaged vs the way you found out.
    but like i mentioned i would think you could talk to the dealership owner or manager.

Car
    '12 Tiguan, '30 Chevy

That is a bummer.

Reminds me of a time when I was at a lot looking at a vehicle. They showed me this immaculate carfax report and handed me a keychain with 3 different keys on it. Something seemed off.

Looked through the carfax and pages were missing. Turns out the vehicle was in a wreck, the door and trunk had different keys than the ignition, and they put a different cover page on the report for a car that had a better score.

I got up and walked out. And this was a large, well known dealer.

Car
    16 Golf R / 92 Golf

Yikes, no bueno.

The sales manager responded with:

"Obviously it would be easier to have the work done up there for the quote we got, but I need to ask my GM what she wants to do about it."

Maybe they're just biding their time until the end of the year. Keep in mind, their estimate was $500 less than the cheapest I got here in Minneapolis. I responded stating getting the work done in Madison at the shop they got the estimate from is not feasible and a pain in the ass for me. I'd be willing to meet halfway on the difference, get the work done in Minneapolis, take care of the $250 difference and be done with it.

Car
    '12 Tiguan, '30 Chevy

Sounds like you are being more than reasonable here. They would be foolish not to work with you.

Car
    16 Golf R / 92 Golf

Seriously. Everybody says I'm too nice, but I'm angry with myself for not trusting a gut feeling about the sale, and want it over with asap. The only thing I worry about with me stating "let's meet half way", is them thinking I'm just milking them for the cash and not caring about the damage. We'll see.

Anyway, this whole thing has been kind of a naive rant on my part. And it's not really a huge deal, but it's my first "nice" car...So thanks for the moral support, guise.

Car
    72 911T, '12 Jetta, Tahoe

I dont blame you, I probably would be far less patient then you're being... keep us updated.

Car
    16 Golf R / 92 Golf

I've been playing phone tag the past few weeks with the GM. Lots of "It's been crazy and we're short-handed, but we'll call you tomorrow" due to the season.

Anyway, I finally got a call tonight. I first spoke with the sales manager, and got the same offer as three weeks prior—2k in cash, or have their vendor do the work down in Madison. I stated that there's no incentive to go with either deal because I'm still losing money. If I had them do the work, I'd have to pay out-of-pocket for gas, food, as well as two whole days shot driving there and back twice. After some petty "well maybe the damage happened in Minneapolis after you bought the car", we finally got back to the fact that; A) There was and is damage that needs to be taken care of B) I'm still paying to have this fixed when the sales manager was so adamant on resolving the issue at first.

He agreed.

Got a call shortly after from the GM. She really didn't know about anything, even though I've been speaking with her the past two weeks. I told her what I told the sales manager, stating that neither offer works. She was surprised to hear I live in Minneapolis, stating, "oh no, that won't work". I gave her the same counter offer I gave the sales manager—$2,250 cash so I can get the work done at Dent Werks here in town. Just like that, she agreed.

Finally taken care of, but it ruined my dinner. Thin spaghetti in a lemon white wine cream sauce with sautéed shrimp.
    Last edited by bed-stuy parade; 01-03-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Car
    Wood Motorboat |'15 Tahoe

Glad to hear they are working with you now. Hope it is resolved to your satisfaction soon!

Car
    72 911T, '12 Jetta, Tahoe

Good to know its getting sorted out.