Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Car
    MK4

The problem with getting a house and bigger garage: accumulating more stuff haha.

Car
    82 Cabriolet, 71 Fastback

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCrayon View Post
    The problem with getting a house and bigger garage: accumulating more stuff haha.
    real problem is not having a truck.

Car
    2006 VW Jetta TDi

And a bigger driveway to shovel... I went from a two-car wide driveway to a three-car wide driveway haha

Car

Been stuck at work late the last couple of days so i haven't gotten much done in the garage or house. I've been working out whether the Type 3 is going to be lowered or not without really knowing what it will look like on the wheels i have for it. I'm already set on installing coilovers and bracing the strut mounts for side to side rigidity(more on this when i have it drawn up). I am also playing around with body colors for the final paint, torn between Grey and tan.

Car
    BMW X1

Grey is for grandparents and econobox's.
    “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Car
    GSW TDI 6spd, NA Miata

Brown. Brown all the things
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    1971 Volks Wagon minivan

Hate to say it, but - You'd really be better off, in terms of money and time spent, if you found a more solid/complete Fastback to build up, and use the one you have as a parts donor.

If you need parts - I have a ton or two, and can set you up with a lot of the stuff you'll need to complete it.

Car

I'm open to finding a new shell, I'm just planning on working with what i have until that comes up. So far a notchback and 2 squarebacks have popped up in my search for parts but most of them were rotted out far beyond saving from sitting in fields. I'll still be gathering and rebuilding suspension and such in the mean time since everything seems to be fully modular. Sent you a PM about the parts.

Car

#Nostalgia
    There is something amazing about paper parts catalogs that I can't seem to describe.
    Last edited by euro; 01-27-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Car

====================
    Parts (OutlaVw)
    ====================

Got to meet Squariant today picking up some parts to start off the rebuild of the Chassis and interior. I highly encourage checking out his build thread for his 71 Squareback https://forums.eurowerks.org/showthr...014&highlight= which sounds to be almost ready to cruise.

I ended up picking up trans, front bumper, engine cover, tail lights, all 3 ash trays, glovebox, 2 steering columns and a fusebox. I'll probably mock the trans up in the spring just before i get the chassis up on the work stand to address rust and the bizarre tube chassis work that was attempted by one of the previous owners. After talking with Brett about what sheet metal is there and what is needed to revert things to stock, I think I may look for a parts car next year to finish things up on the chassis and build up a stock pile of oem parts.

====================
    TougeBunny
    ====================
    Touge bunny is about where it was shortly after the electrical fire. The harness is sorted out and tested good when i laid it in the engine bay to check for additional shorts. Going to wait until it gets a little warmer out before i button that all up and finish tuning up the brakes. after that I should be ready to roll for the summer

====================
    Yeti's Den
    ====================
    House is fricken cold and electric baseboard heat sucks...
    found that there is a major draft in basement bathroom that was causing a lot of the heat loss. There was an old dryer vent that was plugged with spray foam but they never re-insulated around it after they failed to finish things which is causing a visible draft and breeze inside the house.... We are also preparing to adopt a foster dog in the next couple of weeks which my wife (Frau) is super excited for. I decided to gut the laundry shoot from the storage closet since it apparently dumps directly into the shower of the basement bathroom.... and temporarily boarded up the hole until we decide to tackle the bathroom remodel which will absorb that closet into more usable space.

before

after

Car
    GSW TDI 6spd, NA Miata

you have only baseboard heat for the whole place? did it used to have radiator heat and a boiler?
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car

Yeah, only baseboard electric. It's never had water baseboard. There is still a partial chimney from the gas fireplace that was in the basement some time before we moved in but is missing the vent to the out side of the house. (hold is plugged and could be reopened in the spring when things warm up)

Over the weekend I worked getting the house cleaned up and added some insulation to the basement along the foundation. Found that the old dry vent location was incompletely filled with expanding foam and had zero insulation creating a steady breeze in the basement. stuffed as much insulation as i could in there until spring when i can properly plug the hole from the outside. Central air is out the door until we re-do the basement though as our lower ceiling leave less than 8" between the door frames and the ceiling so the trunk running horizontally through the house wouldn't clear the door frames to the bathroom, bedroom closet and bedroom door.

general cleanup of the house wise I'm almost done ripping out all the old coaxial cable and phone line in the house which they apparently cut off at the walls and routed new cable in the same location without fully removing the old stuff... I also started chiseling off the glued down floor tiles in the basement bathroom (pictures later)
    Last edited by euro; 01-29-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Car

========================================
    Touge Party continues
    Katie and I have been working on spackling and painting the master bedroom and living room over the last week or so to get the house closer to ready for the housewarming party we're hosting in the spring. We still need to pick up baseboard, door and window trim to continue flushing out all the mismatch trim throughout the entire house leaving just the carpet in the two bedrooms needing to be replaced. The Carpet is however a ways down the road as we just welcomed a new member to our family!

His name is Stout (the Corgi), He is a 5 year old rescue from a puppy mill in the south. he's super shy and nervous, very quite and generally hasn't been too bad about using the bathroom outside. However we've been working on getting him to stop marking inside buildings as he is very use to having to claim food, kennel, etc. We adopted him on Sunday and he has already warmed up a bit to the house.

OutlaVw

picked up a decent pile of parts from Squariant (some I still need to physically pickup from him tomorrow) that should get the ball rolling once it's warm enough to take the cabrio out of storage. I still need to pick up one of those doom storage canopies for the backyard so we can both store the cabrio/dodge this summer and I can get the fastback up on the rolling body stand to start working on rust repair and suspension. Otherwise, Very minimal updates on this one until it warms up outside.

budget: $150/1500

TougeBunny
    Scratched the whole working on paint thing for the year and started reassembling the front end. Car started up just fine post electric fire after Justin helped me out. Going to wrap things back up, finish functional things and just drive it for the year. I'll work more about body work later on when i'm ready to tackle the paint for the fastback.

????
    That's about it for awhile, long live the Minnesota nuclear winter.

Car
    MK4

ERMAHGERD A CERG.

We still want one, just got to get our name in somewhere with a breeder. I'd imagine corgis at a rescue shelter go pretty quick.

I am trying to hold off any vehicle related repairs until it gets warmer (30's would be ideal). But alas, all 3 vehicles need oil changed.